Thursday, July 3, 2008

MacBook Air Prices Discounted by $500!



Although the base model for Macbook Air with a slower processor and a traditional optical disk drive instead of the solid state drive, remains $1,799 - to everyone's surprise the high-end version supermodel-thin MacBook Air laptop is now, to $2,598 from $3,098. That $500 is about 16% off the retail price! Great for bargain hunters looking to buy a Macbook

And why is the sudden $500 discount on the high-end Macbook just 6 months after its release? Well according to Apple spokesperson Bill Evans, apparently the options to upgrade a MacBook Air to a faster Core 2 Duo processor and a 64 gigabyte solid-state drive are now more affordable. Falling NAND flash memory prices is certainly benefiting customers then or maybe Apple just wants to sell more of their units - who knows.

Apply did right by their already loyal customers though, those who purchased the unit at full price will actually get a $500 refund! Isn't the just nice? I truly appreciate a company who wouldn't rip people off like that. That's absolutely outstanding of Apple.

I personally think a Macbook is sexy. But I went with Lenovo on my unit, because I thought the Mac was too expensive for me and my usage.

No comments: